||Canon EOS 20D
I love this salad! I made it the first time about two years ago when I took my boyfriend Mark to Paternoster for a suprise birthday weekend away. I served it with prawn skewers then and again for another friends birthday weekend away. It goes well with spicy chicken kebabs or fish.
- One large mango
- One red onion
- 250 g rocket
- One lemon
- 100ml Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Peel and slice onion thinly. Cover with salt and juice of one lemon and put aside.
* handy hint…microwave teh lemon for 15 – 30 seconds to get the max amount of juice out of the lemon*
2. Peel and cut mago into chunks
3. Once the salt has drawn some of the liquid out of the onion add the olive oil to this mixture. Season with coarse black pepper.
4. Coat the rocket leaves with the onions, lemon and olive oil dressing.
5. Top with mango and serve!
Easy peasy sunny summer salad!